Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Kinky Talks out of Both Sides of His Mouth

ON WOMEN'S RIGHTS

Kinky's own website quotes Kinky telling the New York Times, "I'm not pro-choice." To the amazement of CNN reporter Bruce Burkhardt, Kinky repeated this in an interview on CNN:

CNN: As for other issue, his positions are a little hazier. Take abortion.
FRIEDMAN: And I'm not pro-life, and I'm not pro choice. I'm pro football!
CNN: Now that's evasive, man, that's evasive.

Link to the whole CNN transcript.

Now, Kinky's website also simultaneously claims Kinky believes in a woman's right to choose (apparently, Kinky's also believes he can have his cake and eat it, too).

ON THE DEATH PENALTY

At a recent death penalty trial, Kinky testified under oath that although "he used to support the death penalty, Friedman told jurors he's now against it."

Yet Kinky's website says "Kinky is not anti-death-penalty," and this blatant contradiction of Kinky's testimony under oath is exactly what Kinky told CBS News.

ON KINKY's 2000 VOTE

This probably counts more as a lie than a flip-flop, but Kinky gave an interview to Susannah McNeely of Ruminator magazine at the beginning of his campaign for governor where Kinky said that he voted for Al Gore in 2000:

SM: Who did you vote for in 2000?
KF: I voted for Gore then. I was conflicted ... but I was not for Bush that time. Since then, though, we’ve become friends. And that’s what’s changed things.
SM: So it’s your friendship with him that’s changed your mind about having him as president more than his specific political positions?
KF: Well, actually, I agree with most of his political positions overseas, his foreign policy.... What he’s been doing in the Near East and in the Middle East, he’s handling that well, I think.


Yet that's clearly a lie because Kinky's voting records prove that he didn't vote in 2000:

According to Kerr County voting records, Friedman voted in the 2004 presidential general election but not in any other contest since 1994.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Nathan in Houston said...

ON WOMEN'S RIGHTS

Kinky is for a woman's right to choose. Its right on the web site. Got any links where he says he's pro-life?

ON THE DEATH PENALTY

He's against it. For me, like many Texans, the moral issues are irrelevant. Innocent people get executed, so don't execute people. He used to be for it. He then learned more about it and decided that it was wrong. Since he's running for governor of TEXAS, saying this is a calculated political move seems silly.

ON KINKY's 2000 VOTE

Do you have the voting records? Or are you referring to that Dallas Morning News article. If we're just going to call him a liar then we don't need any further input from anybody. Every few days just write a new post with the subject "Kinky is a Liar".

Nathan
nathan_king@hotmail.com

11:34 PM

 
Blogger StopKinky said...

Nathan:

When you ask, "got any links?" it makes me wonder if you don't know how links work or if you are being deliberately obtuse. I'll assume that you are confused and not being disingenuous.

You'll notice that there are parts of the text which are a different color from the rest of the text, and when you pass your cursor over this different-colored text, you'll notice that your cursor arrow turns into a hand with a pointing finger. If you click the left button on your mouse while your cursor is on this different-colored text, you will be automatically transferred to the source for my statements. That's how a link works.

When you ask "got any links?" the answer is "yes, lots of 'em."

Alternatively, if you don't trust my links, here is how you can confirm these facts for yourself: Go to Google.com (left click in this link -> Google.com link. At Google, run these three searches: (1) Kinky "I'm not pro-choice" (2) "Kinky is not anti-death-penalty" (3) "Friedman voted in the 2004 presidential general election but not in any other contest since 1994."

Each of these searches will confirm that there are many sources for each of my statements (including Kinky's own website for the first two statements -- oddly enough, Kinky's website doesn't mention anything about his failure to vote from 1994 to 2004).

Nathan, I'm afraid that Kinky is not the person you think he is. Please do some research to see if Kinky agrees with your beliefs about important issues and try to keep an open mind about the other candidates.

7:03 AM

 
Anonymous giantess femdom stories said...

``Then I guess I better tell my mom I need a lawyer. He had her settle back on her heels, with feet tucked under her in the Japanese way.
hot sex stories and pictures
bang bang xxx stories
interracial creampie erotic stories
nifty.org nifty stories dad low hanging
nifty weotic stories archive
``Then I guess I better tell my mom I need a lawyer. He had her settle back on her heels, with feet tucked under her in the Japanese way.

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home